The Third International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology occurred September 1-5, 1973 in London, United Kingdom. This conference facilitates the third SMiRT conference for the purpose of improving safety and practicality of nuclear reactors throughout the world. With the successful completion of the first and second conferences, structural engineers and educators have noticed the value of this conference for the future of the nuclear sector. The influence of the researchers throughout the world may be seen upon examination of this material, which provides excitement within the nuclear structural sector. Once again there are twelve divisions of topics for this conference, each of which were divided in further subdivisions of specific subject matters. May the material within this conference increase the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of nuclear reactors for centuries to come.
Conference organization by:
International Association for Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (IASMiRT)
- Commission of the European Communities, Brussels
- The British Nuclear Society, London
in cooperation with
- Bundesanstalt für Materialprüfung (BAM), Berlin
- Associated Nuclear Services (ANS), London
- Central Electricity Generating Board (CEGB), London
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), Palo Alto, Cal.
- The Franklin Institute Research Laboratories (FIRL), Philadelphia
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Engineering (MIT), Cambridge, Mass.
- South Scotland Electricity Board (SSEB), Glasgow